Master Biologie


La formation propose le ou les parcours suivants :


General presentation of the master's degree : The master's degree in Biology is axed around the main domains of biomedical research in Grenoble. The first year of the master’s degree, i.e.  the master 1st year's program is named Molecular and cellular biology (MCB) (See the video Master Biologie "sur le web" on this page) opens to the 7 following master 2nd year programs :

  • Microbiology, infectious diseases and immunology (MIDI) program
  • Structural biology of pathogens (SBP) program
  • Neurosciences, neurobiology (NN) program
  • Physiology, epigenetics, differentiation and cancer program (PhEDC)
  • Biologie et techniques de commercialisation (BioTechCo) program (taught in French)
  • Science trading (ST) program
  • Pro2Bio program (taught partly in French and partly in English)

The master in Biology also offers an international program : Physiology, epigenetics, differentiation and development

Students graduating from the master’s degree in Biology can look forward to gaining job opportunities throughout the public and private sector, as well as in research settings in various fields of biology such as cell biology, molecular biology, microbiology, immunology, infectious diseases, neurosciences, physiology, epigenetics, development, biochemistry, structural biology.

The programs Pro2Bio, BioTechCo and Science trading open to careers as biomedical engineers (Pro2Bio) and sale engineers (BioTechCo and Science trading).

Conditions d'admission

  • First year master's degree : If you have completed a bachelor’s degree in Science or are enrolled in the final semester of a bachelor’s program in Science, you are eligible to apply for the master’s degree in Biology
  • Second year master's degree : to be eligible to apply you should have completed, or be enrolled in a first year of a master program in Science, and totalize 60 ETCS

An interview will be proposed to the applicants to the first and second year of the master’s degree in Biology in order to test their motivation.

Public continuing education:  You are in charge of continuing education :
• if you resume your studies after 2 years of interruption of studies
• or if you followed training under the continuous training regime one of the previous 2 years
• or if you are an employee, job seeker, self-employed

If you do not have the diploma required to integrate the training, you can undertake a validation of personal and professional achievements (VAPP).


Responsable pédagogique

Alain Buisson

Alain.Buisson @

Contact administratif

ufrchimiebiologie-master-biologie @