Master in Plant's biology

The programme offers the following course(s)


The Master in Plant Biology is a double degree from the Université Grenoble Alpes (UGA) and the University of Milan (UniMi). In the 1st year, all students recruited by UGA or UniMi first spend one semester at UGA and then one semester at UniMi. The training aims to train experts in plant biology and biotechnologies, for basic or applied research and / or industry. For the courses delivered at the UGA, it relies on local research strengths, both for its teaching team which includes many researchers, as well as for its teaching methods and “workshops” in support research institutes. of the two universities and plant-specific units. With a modular and perfectly balanced teaching offer between UGA and UniMI, the course provides a unique opportunity for students to experience two academic, scientific and professional cultures.

The objectives of the PLANT-Int training are as follows:

  • Deepening of all aspects of physiology, genetic development of plants and more generally of photosynthetic organisms
  • Research training through research Increase in professionalization / skills: evolution and diversification of practices over the course of the training, in particular through the three internships that can be carried out in public or private research laboratories and in companies

Practica, projects, and missions

Trois stages obligatoires : deux mois en 1re année de master, puis quatre mois en alternance avec les cours en 2e année suivis du « Master’s thesis » pour six mois

Access conditions

  • First year of the master's degree in Biology (Molecular and cellular biology program) : if you have completed a bachelor’s degree in Sciences or are enrolled in the final semester of a bachelor’s program in Sciences in France, you are eligible to apply for the first year of the master’s degree in biology
  • Second year of the master's degree in Biology : to be eligible to apply, you should have completed (or you should be enrolled in) a first year of a master’s degree  in Sciences i.e. you should have validated 60 ETCS of a master’s degree in Sciences by the end of your current academic year.

Public continuing education : You are in charge of continuing education :
• if you resume your studies after 2 years of interruption of studies
• or if you followed training under the continuous training regime one of the previous 2 years
• or if you are an employee, job seeker, self-employed

If you do not have the diploma required to integrate the training, you can undertake a validation of personal and professional achievements (VAPP).


Program director

Christel Carles

Christel.Carles @

Administrative contact

Scolarité Master Planta International

ufrchimiebiologie-master-plantint @