Master Nanosciences et nanotechnologies

Informations aux utilisateurs

Veuillez noter que vous consultez une page du catalogue de formation 2020-2021. Le recrutement est actuellement terminé pour les licences, licences professionnelles, masters, DUT et formations réglementées de santé. Pour consulter le catalogue des formations 2021-2022, cliquez sur le lien suivant.

Master Nanosciences et nanotechnologies

Parcours Research intensive track 1re année

Présentation et objectifs

This PhD-track program is dedicated to students having a 4-years bachelor of Science and who wish to pursue their studies with a PhD in Nanosciences and nanotechnologies. The specificity of this track is an extended master thesis performed over the two years of the master, allowing the student to achieve a substantial research project.

The first year of the program contains :

  • General courses corresponding to 6 ECTS, among which 3 ECTS of french language
  • Transverse courses in nanosciences  and nanotechnologies (15 ECTS) with a large focus on experimental training in the cleanrooms and nanosciences facilities of the Grenoble area
  • Specialization courses in one of the 3 possible specialities, nano-physics, nano-chemistry, nano-biosciences
  • A research project of 24 ECTS performed in a research institute during an internship extending over the entire school year

In the second year, student join one of the specialization track in nano-physics, nano-chemistry or nano-biosciences, depending on the courses and the research subject that they have choosen in the first year.

The objective of the Research-Intensive Track is to offer a two year programme in Nanosciences and Nanotechnology for students who intend to pursue in PhD, with a master thesis extending over two years and allowing to achieve a substantial research project.



Dimension internationale :

Formation tournée vers l’international

All courses are given in the english language.





Condition d'accès

  • Entry in 1st year : bachelor degree in Chemistry or Physics or equivalent degree

Public continuing education : You report continuing education :

  • if you resume your studies after 2 years of interruption of studies
  • or if you followed training under the continuous training regime one of the previous 2 years
  • or if you are an employee, job seeker, self-employed

If you do not have the diploma required to integrate the training, you can undertake a validation of personal and professional achievements (VAPP)

For more information, visit the website of the Continuing Education and Learning Branch


Do you want to apply and register? Note that the procedure differs according to the diploma envisaged, the diploma obtained, or the place of residence for foreign students. Let yourself be guided simply by following this link

For applicants whose country of residence does not fall under the "Study Portal in France" (PEF), the schedule of the application campaigns for the eCandidat application is available here.